2012 RDPWe have just deployed a Server 2012 Terminal Server. We had a 2008r2 box that was giving issues and needed a rebuild - so thought - lets give 2012 a shot! The Server runs a classroom of 30 Axel M80G thin clients.
The benefits so far:
- It works! So all the group policies seem to apply reliably for all users - this was an issue on the old install. Logon and off times are much faster.
- General video performance is better.
- Applications load a lot faster.
- The install takes up much less hard drive space.
- The students like the funky user interface.
- Had to create a new mandatory profile. Did this on a clean built Win 8 Enterprise VM.
- Deploying the classroom Ricoh printer via Group Policy did not work. Every time a user went to print the spooler crashed. This was resolved by manually doing an admin add of the printer via IP address not name.
- The Axel Thin Clients needed a firmware update. The mouse pointer got stuck in one shape or simply disappeared. The latest firmware fixed this. Will post a vid in due course.